Monday, November 16, 2009

debajo del frigorifico

dear readers,

as some of you may know, san francisco is widely regarded as the culinary capital of the world. if this is so, it is not the same san francisco in which i currently earn my keep...

i went for a burrito before my last shift, only to see a mouse as big as an avocado scurry debajo del frigorifico as my dollar floated to the bottom of the tip jar.

tonight, again arriving early to this most scenic of neighborhoods, i decided to grab a slice from the local pizza joint & it went down pretty okay until i noticed a wee cockroach flipped on his backside -- not so close that i could tell if he came from my plate, but not so far that i could put the matter to rest in my own mind...

if i am to continue my survey of this city's underbelly, dear readers, i do believe it necessary to start packing some sandwiches into my adventure sack. what would father damien do?

No comments:

Post a Comment